Updated: As at 5 July 2021
This page will be updated as COVID19 circumstances unfold in Western Australia, so please check-in on a regular basis.
According to WA Government regulations, from Tuesday 6 July until Monday 12 July our studio is open for all classes and events, with some restrictions in place.
- Please wear a mask to all classes and events. You may remove your mask for ‘vigorous’ activity such as our Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Slow Flow classes. A mask must be worn when in the studio and not participating in vigorous exercise.
- Places in classes are spaced to comply with 2 square metres per person – place your mats inside the floor markings.
- Places in all classes are capped at 15 people.
- Practice social distancing and hand sanitising.
- There are no restrictions on the shared-use of yoga equipment. You can use ours or choose to bring your own.
The Coronavirus (Covid-19) has been declared a global health emergency and at Momentum Coaching & Yoga we are committed to taking the necessary precautions and actions to limit the spread of the illness, in the best interests of protecting your health, safety and well-being, as well as that of our teachers and staff. We are acting according to the laws and hygiene regulations provided by the Western Australian Government and the recommendations of our peak body Yoga Australia.
What we are Doing
We are working hard to provide a clean, safe and enjoyable indoors environment and we (have):
- Implemented a Covid-19 Safety Plan, according to WA Government requirements.
- Practise safe hygiene and social distancing.
- Created new ‘Entry and Exit Practices’ to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
- Completed the Australian Government’s Covid-19 Infection Control Online Training.
- Undertake daily cleaning of common-use areas.
- Allow the use of shared yoga equipment. We supply all yoga equipment but suggest bringing your own if you prefer.
- Committed to providing a hug-free, touch-free environment.
- Provide 80% alcohol hand sanitiser on the front reception desk.
- Provide tissues and hand-washing facilities.
- Record the names, email address and telephone numbers as a ‘contact register’ for all persons who enter our premises.
- Limit the maximum number of persons in the studio to 35 people at any time, using the 2 metre square requirement. All yoga classes limited to 15 people with 1.5m spacing.
What We Ask You to Do
When you attend our studio premises we request that you:
- Follow our ‘Entry and Exit Procedures’ when you arrive and leave the studio.
- Bring your own mat and equipment – if you choose to. If you do not have your own, we will provide you with equipment to use and you will be responsible for disinfecting it after use.
- Disinfect and wipe our yoga mats, blocks and straps after use.
- Pay with EFTPOS either on-line or with a credit card, if possible. Cash will still be accepted.
- If you must cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth with a tissue or your arm and cough/sneeze into your bent elbow.
- Stay home if you have a cough, the flu or feel unwell. Consider being tested for Covid19 if symptoms persist.
- Refrain from hugging or touching anyone else.
- Leave the class/event, if you become unwell with coughing, a sore throat or a fever – especially if you are more vulnerable to Covid19.
- Anyone that does not wish to follow our safety procedures will be asked to leave the premises.
- Stay home in quarantine for 14 days if you have returned home from interstate or overseas.
These are changing and challenging times, and as we work together, we ask for your patience and cooperation. We invite you to stay centred and to offer your calm, grounded presence to help and support others, wherever you can.
How Yoga Can Help During Pandemic Times
Research shows that regular practice, including yogic postures, breathwork, chanting and meditation reduces the body’s stress response and promotes strong immune and lymphatic system function, allowing us to naturally fight off flus and disease. In all our yoga classes, our teachers will provide you with guidance on practices that are most beneficial.
We understand that the uncertainty may be causing you fear and angst. This is a normal response to change, however we encourage you to not lose sight of life’s ‘bigger picture’ – of the human love and support around you.Our commitment to Yoga, to the multi-dimensional, spiritual aspect of our Being and to universal consciousness, provides us as a yogic community, with a unique opportunity to support and inspire each other. Together we can choose to ‘rise-above’ fear-mongering and stay grounded to do whatever we need to do, to care for our physical, mental and emotional well-being, and that of our loved ones.
We encourage you to continue to maintain your regular yoga and/or meditation practice. And to:
Manage your stress – remember that stress has a negative impact on our immune system. Do your best to manage the stress in your life, including the fears that Coronavirus may present for you or your family. Speak openly. Share your concerns. Seek support if you are anxious. Keep active. And remember to B R E A T H E.
Maintain a healthy diet – one of the best defences against illness is our diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and legumes that are rich in immune-building vitamins and minerals. Better than any supplement is nature’s own produce!
Practice compassion and kindness – let’s continue to be kind to each other. Kindness and positivity is good for our health! Be in your heart. Be willing to give your help to neighbours, friends or volunteer to help others in our community who might be at a distinct disadvantage during these times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 9330 1988 or chat to our friendly teachers after class.
May you be well.
The Team @ Momentum Coaching & Yoga