Yin Yoga Mind-Body Spring Workshop
with Laura Cargill
Saturday 22 October 2016
Start afresh, activate your body-mind's creative energy and balance your Spring transformation in this special two-hour Yin Yoga workshop.
Taking action and making changes whilst tempering our tendency towards over-doing and impatience, is the key to staying balanced this Spring.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, the elements earth, fire, air and water and the patterns of the seasons are also reflected in our own body's energetic rhythms. When we practice in-tune with the seasons, we tune more deeply into ourselves.
The Spring season correlates with the wood element, representing the 'sprout emerging'. It targets the liver and gallbladder organs and the emotion of impatience.
The Benefits of Yin YogaYin Yoga is a practice with long-held, deeply relaxing postures that open and balance the ‘meridians’ or energy pathways of the body/mind, restoring our natural balance and health.
"Learning to relax in Yin postures like Pentacle helps us to feel and release tensions that are deep within us. Not just the gross skeletal muscles but subtle tensions in the eyes, heart, diaphragm, stomach or skull can be isolated and relaxed. This healthy habit helps us to distance ourselves from negative tensions and deal with them more effectively. A valuable skill in our heart attack prone society." ~ Paul Grilley, founder of Yin Yoga
Laura (pictured below right) is a specialised and highly-experienced Yin Yoga teacher, having trained with international teacher Jo Phee. She will share her deep wisdom and the practical, healing benefits of Yin Yoga and the seasonal elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
We will use props to support the body, making this workshop safe, accessible and suitable to any age or body type.
- balancing Yin Yoga practice with side-bends, hip-openers and leg-stretches to promote the flow of chi (energy) to remove blockages and toxicity in the liver/gallbladder, suitable for all students from complete beginners to experienced;
- release deeply held physical and mental tension ;
- guided meditation to develop concentration and calm an over-active mind;
- learn about the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine for overall health;
- gain mental clarity, emotional calm and a deep sense of inner harmony;
- experience the powerful stillness ‘yin’ creates to balance our ‘yang’ lifestyle;
- feel a greater sense of well-being in your body, mind, heart and spirit.
After the workshop, you will walk away feeling more open in your body and centred in your mind, with greater balance through the nervous system.
Complete beginners, as well as experienced students with a regular Ashtanga, Vinyasa or Hatha Yoga practice, will benefit from this workshop.
Date: Saturday 22 October 2016 Time: 2.00 - 4.00pm Cost: $50 Bookings: Bookings are essential. 20 places only. Submit the button below to book on-line.
Our popular six-week Beginner's Yoga Course gives you a thorough introduction to hatha and vinyasa yoga...
Life Coaching is about helping yourself, embracing change and becoming the person you know you can be. Are you ready?
Meditation offers you a pathway to self-understanding, contentment and peace. Learn how to meditate with us...