Free-Flow Yoga & Energy Workshops
with Amber Spear
Friday 22 and Saturday 23 January 2016
How about diving into serious fun, flow and balance for your Summer days? Move into the season with greater energy and purpose with these workshops led by international senior teacher and Momentum friend, the lovely Amber Spear.
- Create powerful pathways of presence through integration of body, mind and breath.
- Enjoy some serious yoga fun to revitalise your spirit.
- Tap-into your wisdom and source energy.
- Find balance, purpose and calm amidst the pre-festive season.
“At its essence, Yoga teaches us the layers of our true nature. Like all worthwhile things in life, the answers are simple and already genetically hard-wired into our very true nature. Waking up is your birthright and a fun journey of connecting with the radiance of your own infinitely sourced light.”
~ Amber Spear
Each workshop is suitable for all levels of yoga practitioner from beginners to experienced students and yoga teachers. Come along for the evening, the afternoon or both for a more complete experience. Yoga Teachers can accredit these workshops on an hour-for-hour basis as professional development with Yoga Australia.
Friday Workshop: Riding with the Riptide
To swim deeply within the ocean of Yoga it can sometimes be useful to find and ride a rip-tide. A rip-tide's narrow current of off-shore flow serves to feed the ocean drawing water back from the breaking waves at the beach. In the context of Yoga (and asana) plunging into the depths of presence can be enhanced by understanding how energy in the body moves, and how you can safely move with it. Just like finding oneself in a rip-tide in the great ocean can be frigthening, learning how to relax into the ride and find ones way back to the shore can be exciting!
During this workshop you will:
- explore movement meditation and creative asana flow
- feel-into your body's energy current
- practice seated mudras and meditation
- be uplifted and moved by music
- ideal for the open-hearted practitioner who is looking to let go a little and dive-in!
Saturday Workshop: Your Energy & the Gunas
The prevalence of each guna in any given moment discerns who we are and how we show-up in our lives. The choices we make, the foods we eat, the company we keep and the activities we undertake all influence whether or not our unique combination of the three gunas is enhanced positively or not.
- be introduced to the three gunas: tamas, rajas and sattva
- learn examples to see how they show up in your life
- practice an asana and story-telling sequence to experience a sattvic state of mind.
- make better harmony-enhancing lifestyle and food choices
- receive a complete set of notes for future reference
- understand how to achieve peak performance, purpose, peace and complete relaxation in your heart.
Amber is also a qualified Wellness Coach and offers one-on-one guidance to help others shine and find their unique joie-de-vivre.
Workshop 1: Friday 22 January 2016
6.00 - 8.00pm
Workshop 2: Saturday 23 January 2016
2.00 - 4.00pm
Both 1 & 2: $80
For cancellations made prior to the day, a fee of $20 applies. No refund for cancellations on the day. Bookings: Places are limited to 20 students, pre-paid bookings required. To start your booking, click the 'Book for this Event Online' tab below.
Our popular six-week Beginner's Yoga Course gives you a thorough introduction to hatha and vinyasa yoga...
Life Coaching is about helping yourself, embracing change and becoming the person you know you can be. Are you ready?
Meditation offers you a pathway to self-understanding, contentment and peace. Learn how to meditate with us...